Free Internet Radio Station for Truckers. Johnny Cash, Merle Haggard, Red Sovine, Red Simpson, Jerry Reed, Dave Dudley, Roger Miller, Eddy Arnold and many others.

Music Video Dave Dudley Song Six Days on the Road


LYRICS - Six Days On The Road - Recorded by Dave Dudley
Well I pulled outta Pittsburgh a rollin' down that Eastern Seaboard I got my diesel wound up and she's a runnin' like a never before. There's a speed zone ahead alright, I don't see a cop in sight, Six days on the road and I'm a gonna make it home tonight.

I got my ten forward gears and a Georgia overdrive. I'm takin' little white pills and my yes are open wide. I just passed a Jimmy and a White, I been a passin' everything in sight, Six days on the road and I'm a gonna make it home tonight.

Well it seems like a month since I kissed my baby goodbye. I could have a lotta women but I'm not like a some other guys, I could find one to hold me tight, but I could never make believe it's alright, Six days on the road and I'm a gonna make it home tonight.

ICC is a checkin' on down the line, Well I'm a little overweight and my log book's way behind, But nothin' bothers me tonight, I can dodge all the scales alright, Six days on the road and I'm a gonna make it home tonight.

Well my rig's a little old but that don't mean she's slow, There's a flame from her stack and that smoke's a blowin' black as coal, My hometown's a comin' in sight, if you think I'm a happy you're right, Six days on the road and I'm a gonna make it home tonight. Six days on the road and I'm a gonna make it home tonight. Six days on the road and I'm a gonna make it home tonight.

Dave Dudley was born David Darwin Pedruska on May 3, 1928 in Spencer, Wis. He was raised in Stevens Point, Wisconsin. His first hit on the country singles chart in 1961 was "Maybe I Do" on Vee Records. Dave is best remembered for his 1963 recording hit, "Six Days on the Road," which spent two weeks at No. 2 on the country charts.

He died on December 22, 2003. Through his music, Dudley helped create an image of the American trucker that influenced several films and TV shows from the '70s, including Smokey and the Bandit and Movin' On.